I hope everyone in your home is safe and well and you are ready for the upcoming weekend.
First, this week we honored 108 students who earned the State of New Jersey’s Seal of Biliteracy demonstrating proficiency in English and at least one of our World Languages. We also honored Dr. Michael Russell, who was selected as the VFW’s National Middle Grades Teacher of the Year. You can see both presentations on the Board website at BOE LIVE.
Second and also this week, our middle and high school principals announced plans for promotion and graduation. For our high school seniors, we hope that you join us on June 23, 2020, at 8:20 p.m. (2020 military time) as the entire community celebrates our graduates.
Third, we opened a survey to allow students and families to provide feedback on Distance Learning. Please help us improve our program by sharing your thoughts. Students in grades 5-12 all received the survey through their school email. Parents and guardians should have received the survey link in their identified emails; however, we received feedback that not everyone could access the link and some wanted to share multiple responses. For these reasons, we will keep the student and family surveys open until 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 18th. The family survey can be accessed here.
Finally, we know that you are doing all you can to support your student’s engagement. Please continue to share your questions and your concerns directly with your teachers. Remember that you can check PowerSchool regularly, here. If you have technology needs, you can email for help, here. If you need any other support, visit our Distance Learning page, here.
We hope that you are safe and well at home. We are and will continue to be here with you.
Please continue to make healthy decisions and reach out if you need anything.
- All school facilities and grounds remain closed to the public. Please do not use any outdoor equipment, including playground elements, at this time.
- The academic calendar will remain the same for the rest of this school year. This includes our give back days. Barring emergent events, May 27 and June 5 will become days off from DL.
- The district continues to deliver food to qualified families. If your financial situation has changed due to this crisis, please let us know by going to our website here (Select Free and Reduced Lunch).
- Pay careful attention to yourselves and your family members. Resources for support can be found on our Distance Learning webpage.
- Attendance must be submitted each day by 10 a.m. with our Attendance Form.
- Remember to log in to Chrome as each student
- For Tech Support, email: DLDtech@brrsd.k12.nj.us
Superintendent of Schools